Gmail is a web-based email service developed by Google. The service has been criticized for the inability to export emails in CSV format, which makes it difficult to archive and share emails with other programs. This article will show you how to manually export your Gmail inbox into a CSV file so that you can transfer them to another program or save them on your computer.
The how do i export emails from gmail to excel is a question that has been asked multiple times. If you are looking for an answer, you can find it here.
“How Do I Manually Export Gmail Emails To CSV Files? I believe that is a simple job. But I can’t seem to come up with a way to accomplish it. I’ve seen a few different ways to export Gmail emails to CSV. However, none of them export my Gmail contacts to a CSV file. “Can anybody give me some advice on how to start the process?”
Google’s Gmail is a custom-made email storage program. It has capabilities that allow users to save data, distribute it, and receive it through email. CSV (Comma Separated Values) file format, on the other hand, is a basic and straightforward tabular data storage format. Spreadsheets and databases are the most frequent places where it may be found. It’s also available in MS Excel, OpenOffice Calc, LibreOffice, and other programs.
CSV is a globally accessible file format that makes it simple and inexpensive for consumers to retrieve their emails. This technical blog will provide you with a comprehensive answer to your question: What Is The Best Way To Export Gmail Emails To CSV?
The Best Way to Export Gmail to a CSV File
This section describes how to export Gmail emails as CSV files that may be used in a number of applications. Follow all of the instructions in the proper order:
Manually save Gmail emails
These are the basic methods for exporting Gmail emails to CSV files. However, there is one caveat: these procedures can only be completed if you have a small number of emails.
- Choose and open the email you wish to export as a CSV file.
- Now, choose Download message from the drop-down menu by clicking on the three vertical dots.
- Your message will then be saved as an EML file. Additionally, EML files may be opened and accessed in a desktop-based email client such as MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Zimbra, and others.
- Then, in MS Excel, create a new spreadsheet and drop the EMIL file into it.
- A pop-up window will appear, displaying a new message. To continue, choose Yes.
- Furthermore, for security reasons, the emails will open in Protected View. Enable editing by pressing the Enable Editing button.
- The CSV format of your downloaded emails message will be shown.
- Finally, use the File>> Save As option to save it as a CSV file.
Using a Chrome Extension, convert Gmail to CSV
Using the Cloud HQ Email extension with the Google Sheets extension is a great way to convert Gmail emails to CSV format. Please let us know how it goes.
- To begin, open Chrome and look for the cloudHQ plugin called Export Gmail emails to Google Sheets.
- After that, click the Chrome button to add it. The extension is immediately installed to your Gmail account within minutes.
- Now, left-click on the three vertical dots of the folder you wish to convert emails from. Select Save label to CSV or Save label to Google Sheets from the drop-down menu.
- Select everything you wish to apply on the Save Settings/ Default Columns screen, then press Start. Then you will see the following message:
- You will get an email with a spreadsheet link after selecting the Start option. To preview an email, click on the link to open it and enlarge it.
- Note: This tool has one benefit: it stores your email in PDF format. If you wish to conduct a mass conversion of Gmail emails into CSV, you need also update the version.
Using IMAP, enter Gmail into MS Outlook.
Adding the Gmail account to MS Outlook is another method to export Gmail emails to CSV format. After establishing the account, exporting emails to CSV or PST format is simple. You must also ensure that Gmail’s two-factor authentication is activated and that you have a Gmail third-party app password.
How to Create an App Password
- Select the Manage your Google Account option from the User Account icon.
- Select the Security option from the left panel on the first page.
- Turn on the 2-Step Verification Option and touch on the App Passwords as you scroll down the screen.
- Enter your Gmail credentials to verify your identity, then click the Next button.
- Select the option Select Other (Custom name) from the drop-down list.
- In the blank box, type Outlook and hit the Generate button.
- Finally, copy your app’s created password and save it somewhere safe. After that, click Done.
In MS Outlook, add a Gmail account.
- To get started, open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Tap the Add Account option in the Info section.
- Tap Connect after entering the email account id you wish to add.
- Paste the created app password into another wizard and click the Connect button.
- The process of adding a Gmail account will begin.
- After the scanning procedure for your Gmail account is completed, Outlook displays Account successfully added. To finish, click the Done button.
Emails are saved in CSV format.
- Select the Open & Export option from the File menu.
- Select Import/Export from the drop-down menu and click it.
- Select the Export to a File option in the Import and Export Wizard and click Next.
- Go through Comma Separated Values in Export to a File and then click Next.
- Tap Next after selecting the folder you wish to export as CSV.
- To add the destination path for saving a new CSV file, click the Browse option.
- After that, click the Next button to go on to the next step.
- Finally, press the Finish button to finish the process.
Using a third-party tool, export Gmail emails to CSV.
SysInfo Gmail Backup Tool is a secure and well-known tool that allows users to easily convert Gmail emails into CSV file format without losing any data and backup Gmail emails with attachments. It’s just for downloading Gmail emails in bulk into CSV and other file formats like PST, PDF, EML, MBOX, and others. It also has a function for transferring Gmail emails to Office 365, Thunderbird, IMAP, Hotmail, AOL, and other email clients. Furthermore, the program is capable of removing duplicate emails and creating Gmail email backups.
We’ve covered three different methods in this article to help you figure out how to export Gmail emails to CSV files. However, if you encounter any difficulties and are unable to complete the transfer utilizing the manual solution methods. To accomplish so effectively, you may use expert third-party software.
The export emails to google sheets by cloudhq is a guide that explains how to export Gmail emails to CSV manually. This process can be done using the desktop app or through Google Sheets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Export Gmail emails to CSV?
Unfortunately, Gmail does not allow users to export emails in a CSV format.
How do I Export emails from Gmail to excel?
You can use the Export to Excel option in Gmails settings.
How do I download a CSV file from Gmail?
To download a CSV file from Gmail, you will need to login into your account and then go to the Downloads tab. From there, you can click on CSV Files and choose the file that you would like to download.
- export gmail emails to pdf
- export emails to csv
- export gmail emails to pst
- export gmail contacts to csv file
- export emails to spreadsheet