Canon printers are among the most popular brands of printers. They are reliable and provide quality printing. However, they can also be problematic when they go offline unexpectedly. This guide will help you resolve the issue if your printer is offline.
The why is my canon printer offline is a common issue that many users have been experiencing. In this guide, I will show you how to fix the issue.
Canon printers are known for their high quality and impressive outcomes. Canon printers, like any other piece of gear, are prone to failure.
Because printers must function when connected to a system and a network, any inconsistency in settings may cause the Canon printer to go offline. When your printer seems to be connected but the printer status is still down, it may be perplexing.
This article will teach you a few simple troubleshooting techniques. All of them are tried and true ways for resolving the Canon printer not responding problem.
Let’s roll the ball and get to work!
How to Fix a Canon Printer That Isn’t Printing
Check the printer’s connectivity as a first step.
Begin by determining the wireless and wired connection of your printer. You may do various tests to verify that the connection is working properly; here is a list of them:
- Examine the condition and location of any USB cables that are connected. Use USB cords that aren’t too lengthy, twisted, or frayed.
- Verify that the correct Canon printer is installed in your system.
- Make that your printer is linked to your WiFi network properly.
- Ascertain that your computer and printer are both on the same WiFi network.
- Check the connection of your wireless router and modem.
Wireless printers, on the other hand, are more problematic than cable printers. To prevent network connection problems, thoroughly verify all connecting points.
Solution 2: Examine your printer’s settings
Printer settings may be changed from the control panel, whether you have a Windows system or a Macbook. Checking your system’s printer settings is a more complex task.
If you believe you know how to configure a system, have a look at the following:
- To resolve any network issues, restart your router. This applies to all printers, whether they are wired or wireless.
- Check your printer status in the system settings to see whether it is “Online” (it is occasionally set to “Offline”).
- All outstanding printing tasks should be cleared.
- If you’ve added more than one printer to your network, ensure sure the Canon printer is configured as “default.”
- Check your printer’s and network’s default IP and gateway IPS.
Control the Print Spooler as a third option.
Your Canon printer may be brought back online with a simple restart of the Print Spooler service. To restart the print spool, perform these steps:
- Hold down the Windows Key and the R key at the same time.
- In the box that appears, type services.msc and click OK.
- Right-click on the ‘Print Spooler service’ in the new window that appears.
- Select the ‘Restart’ option from the drop-down menu.
Wait until it restarts; this will most likely resolve your Canon printer not working on Mac problem. Your printing tasks may now be resumed. If that didn’t work, go on to the next step.
Solution 4: To resolve the Canon printer offline problem, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
Working with an out-of-date printer driver has been known to cause significant issues in the past. Offline state of a Canon printer may be one such bad consequence.
As a result, it is critical for all printer users to download and install the most recent Canon printer drivers.
Do you have no idea? What is the best way to accomplish this? No problem, we’ll go through everything in depth below. Make sure you complete the following:
- Go to your system’s preferences.
- Find the printers and scanners.
- To remove your printer, choose it and then the relevant choice.
- Now go to the Canon official website.
- Find the appropriate driver for your printer in the download area.
- The most recent printer driver should be downloaded and installed.
- Wait for the procedure to finish.
- Restart your printer as well as your PC.
If you’re fortunate, the Canon printer offline error won’t appear again, and your printer will resume printing.
Reconnect to the WiFi Network (option 5)
It’s possible that your printer is having trouble connecting to your WiFi network. A printer that does not have a network connection may seem to be offline at times. As a result, you should detach and reconnect your printer to your WiFi network at least once. Perform the following actions:
- Restart the printer and use the display panel to view the settings.
- Forget about your existing wifi configuration.
- Using the WPS option, reconnect the printer to the WiFi network.
- Press and hold the printer’s WPS button until the LED begins to blink.
- Now go over to your router and press the WPS button there as well.
A notice will appear on the printer control panel after a short time. This notification indicates that your printer and WiFi network have made a successful connection.
To connect your printer to a WiFi network, you may alternatively use LAN settings. Only use this option if you are confident in your knowledge of printer settings and setup. The WAN option is used by the majority of users, and it is the safest game to play.
Please let us know which method worked best for you. In the comments area below, please share your ideas on how to resolve the Canon printer offline issue.
“Sharing is caring,” after all.
The why is my canon mg3600 printer offline is a problem that many people are experiencing. This guide will help you resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my Canon printer back online?
To get your Canon printer back online, you will need to plug it into a power outlet and then turn it on.
Why does my Canon printer keep saying it is offline?
If your printer is offline, it means that there has been a loss of connectivity between the computer and the printer. This can be due to a number of reasons, but typically it is because either the printer or the computer are not powered on.
How do I make my printer come back online?
To make your printer come back online, you need to unplug it and plug it back in.
- why is my canon printer offline mac
- why is my canon printer offline windows 10
- canon printer offline iphone
- how to get canon printer online
- canon printer support